I met Sanjeev many, many, many moons ago in Royal Lake Club where we took dancing classes together. Our dads used to drink at the Batek Bar and sometimes 'forgot' that their kids were waiting outside for hours to be sent home. Looking back, we have them to thank cause that's where our friendship grew. We started talking to each other out of sheer boredom while waiting for the old men to finish their drinks. Sanjeev was 5 years older than me but we somehow hit it off and have remained the best of friends ever since.
When Sanjeev went to Australia to further his studies, we used to write letters to each other. Not emails, but hand-written letters. We would write pages and pages of random nonsense. I loved getting those letters from him. I still have them stored away in a box actually. Sanjeev has such an animated character. When he tells you a story, he describes everything with full of energy and expression. If you've followed his show on TV, then you would know what I'm talking about. His writing is just the same.
I still find it weird that my childhood friend is now a celebrity. Though he doesn't see himself in that way at all, bottom line, he IS a celebrity. How many of us can say we host a TV programme along side the gorgeous Paula Malai Ali? Or better yet, how many of us can say we were in the same car being DRIVEN by Michael Schumacher? Going out with him is always funny cause all these men would recognize him and strike up a conversation. I'm sure he would much prefer it if they were women, but that's what you get when you host an F1 related show.
He travels the world for work, sees such amazing things and meets equally amazing people. Many guys I know would exchange their mundane desk jobs in a flash for Sanjeev's uber cool job. For ages I've been telling him that he needs to start a blog so he can document his fascinating life and share it with the world so we can live vicariously through him. He has toyed with the idea many times but never got off his arse to do it. So after some thought, I've decided to start this blog for him. He has absolutely no idea till he reads this. Surprise San!!! :)
I just got back yesterday from a trip to Singapore where I spent two whole days with him. He said he wants to write a book. His life was heading a certain direction according to his plans. But life, ah life... you never know what life is going to throw at you. He is at a certain crossroad of his life right now. He has no idea what the future entails. His life might not be going in the direction he planned it, but heck, nothing ever does.
As a good friend, I can't sit there and watch him hurt. I say if life throws you lemons, don't make lemonade. Bring out the tequila! Celebrate life and have a laugh.
Like a game of snakes and ladders, you inch your way to the top. But those wretched snakes are everywhere. If you hit one, you slide back down to the bottom. Damn those snakes. But who cares? There's a ladder just waiting around the corner. And Sanjeev, you'll be back up there in no time.
This is your first step towards writing that book.
Now get writing!
Much love,
Fiona Jane Gomez
http://accordingtofiona.blogspot.com

When Sanjeev went to Australia to further his studies, we used to write letters to each other. Not emails, but hand-written letters. We would write pages and pages of random nonsense. I loved getting those letters from him. I still have them stored away in a box actually. Sanjeev has such an animated character. When he tells you a story, he describes everything with full of energy and expression. If you've followed his show on TV, then you would know what I'm talking about. His writing is just the same.
I still find it weird that my childhood friend is now a celebrity. Though he doesn't see himself in that way at all, bottom line, he IS a celebrity. How many of us can say we host a TV programme along side the gorgeous Paula Malai Ali? Or better yet, how many of us can say we were in the same car being DRIVEN by Michael Schumacher? Going out with him is always funny cause all these men would recognize him and strike up a conversation. I'm sure he would much prefer it if they were women, but that's what you get when you host an F1 related show.
He travels the world for work, sees such amazing things and meets equally amazing people. Many guys I know would exchange their mundane desk jobs in a flash for Sanjeev's uber cool job. For ages I've been telling him that he needs to start a blog so he can document his fascinating life and share it with the world so we can live vicariously through him. He has toyed with the idea many times but never got off his arse to do it. So after some thought, I've decided to start this blog for him. He has absolutely no idea till he reads this. Surprise San!!! :)
I just got back yesterday from a trip to Singapore where I spent two whole days with him. He said he wants to write a book. His life was heading a certain direction according to his plans. But life, ah life... you never know what life is going to throw at you. He is at a certain crossroad of his life right now. He has no idea what the future entails. His life might not be going in the direction he planned it, but heck, nothing ever does.
As a good friend, I can't sit there and watch him hurt. I say if life throws you lemons, don't make lemonade. Bring out the tequila! Celebrate life and have a laugh.
Like a game of snakes and ladders, you inch your way to the top. But those wretched snakes are everywhere. If you hit one, you slide back down to the bottom. Damn those snakes. But who cares? There's a ladder just waiting around the corner. And Sanjeev, you'll be back up there in no time.
This is your first step towards writing that book.
Now get writing!
Much love,
Fiona Jane Gomez
http://accordingtofiona.blogspot.com
Not just any car with Micheal Shumacher, it was a Masseratti Gran Turismo X!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteAnyway, I second what Fi says about this guy, he's awesome, now all he needs to do is start writing.
I think this is a very sweet gesture from Fi. And San, big hugs to you. Someone with such a huge warm smile deserves only the best of tequilas and cranes as ladders ;) See you in Singapore when I make my way down there soon!
ReplyDelete