Wednesday, 27 April 2011

To Borrow A Phrase

I didn't write this but I wish I did. It eptomises everything that I have to say about something I don't want to talk about:

I know I can't take one more step close to you
Cause all that's waiting is regret
And don't you know I'm not your ghost anymore
You lost the love I loved the most

I've learned to live half alive
And now you want me one more time

And who do you think you are
Running 'round leaving scars
Collecting your jar of hearts
And tearing love apart
You're gonna catch a cold
From the ice inside your soul
So don't come back for me
Who do you think you are

It's actually lyrics from the song "Jar Of Hearts" by Christina Perri. The song itself was written by  Christina Perri together with Drew Lawrence Barrett Yeretsian. 

It's a very moving song and she is extremely talented. Here's the music video so you can judge for yourself


No comments:

Post a Comment